As more and more smart TVs are sold worldwide, consumers should be aware of the risks associated with this technology.
Consumer Union, a US-based nonprofit organization dedicated to unbiased product testing, has conducted a privacy and security evaluation of five smart TVs from the most widely sold TV brands in the US:
- Samsung UN49MU8000, running the company’s Tizen OS
- LG 49UJ7700, which uses LG’s webOS
- TCL 55P605, which uses the Roku streaming platform
- Sony XBR-49X800E, running Google’s Android TV OS
- Vizio P55-E1 SmartCast TV, which uses Google’s Chromecast platform.
Read more at: www.helpnetsecurity.com